The mission of Black Nurses Rock is to inspire and empower innovative leaders who will serve and educate vulnerable communities. We do this in part by helping nurses aspire greatness and a percentage of all membership fees goes towards providing scholarships to driven nurses in financial hardship. All scholarships will be awarded at the Black Nurses Rock annual conference. Scholarship award amounts are dependent upon available funds and must be used towards educational expenses. Scholarship applications will be accepted October 15, 2019, to January 15, 2020
Scholarship Requirements are as follows:
- Must be an official paid Black Nurses Rock member (please add membership number)
- Must be currently enrolled in a nursing program (MSN, B.S.N., A.D., Diploma or L.P.N./ L.V.N.) with a GPA 3.0 and above with at least one full year remaining
- Involvement in student nursing organizations and/or community health activities
- Document academic achievement
- Establish financial need
- U.S. Citizen or Alien with U.S. Permanent
- Resident Status/Alien Registration Number
- High school students are not eligible to apply
The BNR Scholarship Committee, chaired by Dorien Worthen, will provide a blind review and award scholarships at the annual convention. Awardees will be notified by January 30th, 2019.
Upon verification that the recipient meets required enrollment criteria and has submitted an official transcript, the scholarship check is issued payable to the school for deposit in the recipient’s tuition account.
Eligible candidates must provide (upload):
- Official Transcript(s) from an accredited School of Nursing (upload)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (one from applicant’s school of nursing) (upload)
- Provide a professional headshot and one-page bio
- Provide resume/CV
- Demonstrate community service involvement and leadership
- Provide an essay that will briefly describe your professional and educational goals and how this scholarship will help you achieve those goals.
- Essay must be no longer than 2 pages long.
- Provide as a word or PDF document. Send completed application and all supporting documentations by January 15, 2020.