Nominations are open for the 2020 BNRF Inaugural DAISY Chapter Award!
During September 2020, the DAISY Foundation welcomed the Black Nurses Rock Foundation to The DAISY Community of Supportive Associations. We believe our partnership is a perfect fit to mutually support health equity initiatives including recognizing nurses around the world who deliver compassionate care to the most vulnerable communities.
Traditionally, the DAISY award is given to nurses internally within hospitals and the health care system. As part of a new pilot program to recognize excellence in nursing in our local communities, we are happy to officially open nominations for the 2020 BNRF Inaugural DAISY Chapter Award!
About the Award
The 2020 BNRF Inaugural DAISY Chapter Award recognizes the efforts of nurse chapters for their continuous community services during the coronavirus pandemic in 2020. Up to two chapters can be chosen to receive this award.
How to qualify for the award:
- The chapter must have provided exceptional care and services to patients, families, and the communities.
- The chapter demonstrated exceptional efforts to serve underprivileged individuals effected by social determinants of life with a focus on health disparities throughout communities.
- The chapter has shown dedication, commitment, bravery, compassion, and selflessness.
- The chapter must be out of the probationary period.
- All chapter officers must be active members of BNR National and in good standing.
How to nominate a chapter:
As part of our pilot program, any active member of BNRF can nominate a chapter deserving of this award! The nomination period will open on January 11, 2021 and close on February 12, 2021. The chapter(s) that are chosen to receive the 2020 BNRF Inaugural DAISY Chapter Award will be announced later in March 2021. You won’t want to miss it!
Are you ready to show your support to a BNRF Chapter? Fill out the form below to submit your nomination!